But what is "Album Night"? First and foremost "Album Night" celebrates the album as an entire and cohesive work of art. The event itself gives the participants a chance to listen to a designated album simultaneously from the comfort of our own homes while we share our thoughts and stories as we listen. Read more details on how the night works and check the album lineup below. I hope you can join us for the next "Album Night". The concept of the album as an entire work of art lives on!
Click on an album below to join the event or to scroll through past events.
Upcoming Album to Be Announced
A Deeper Understanding by The War on Drugs - Wed, Jan 24
The Blue Mask by Lou Reed - Wed, Jan 10, 2018
A Christmas Gift for You from Phil Spector - Wed, Dec 6
Aja by Steely Dan - Wed, Nov 8
Sticky Fingers by The Rolling Stones - Wed, Oct 18
Are We There by Sharon Van Etten - Wed, Sep 27
Innervisions by Stevie Wonder - Wed, Aug 30
Electric Music for the Mind and Body by Country Joe & the Fish - Wed, Aug 2
Surrealistic Pillow by Jefferson Airplane - Wed, Jul 12
What She Said by Fred Gillen Jr. - Wed, Jun 21
Making Movies by Dire Straits - Wed, May 24
Pandemonium Shadow Show by Harry Nilsson - Wed, May 3
Born Under a Bad Sign by Albert King - Wed, Apr 12
The Blink of an Eye by Leo Harmonay - Wed, Mar 22
Tango: Zero Hour by Astor Piazzolla - Wed, Mar 1
(Pronounced 'Leh-'Nérd 'Skin-'Nérd) by Lynyrd Skynyrd - Wed, Feb 1
Kind of Blue by Miles Davis - Wed, Jan 11, 2017
Elvis' Christmas Album by Elvis Presley - Wed, Dec 14, 2016
Philosophy of the World by The Shaggs - Wed, Nov. 30
On The Beach by Neil Young - Wed, Nov. 9
The Birds Outside Sang by Florist - Wed, Oct. 12
Dvořák's Symphony No. 9 "From the New World" by Czech Philharmonic Orchestra, Karel Ančerl - Wed, Sep. 21
Making Music by Bill Withers - Wed, Aug. 24.
The Phosphorescent Blues by Punch Brothers - Wed, Aug. 3
Are You Gonna Go My Way by Lenny Kravitz - Wed, Jul. 20
Baro by Habib Koité and Bamada - Wed, Jun. 29, 2016
2014 - 2015 Archives
How It Works:
2. During or after the album, share your thoughts and stories right here on the relevant album on www.johnbanrock.com/album-night
3. The new chat room style layout means no more constant page refreshing (yay!)
4. I will periodically post comments at the beginning of tracks to make sure we're all roughly in sync.
5. Enjoy the music as the artist intended; in full album form as an entire work of art!
6. Listen at home on your own or host a regional event with your friends.
7. As a musician and songwriter, I kindly ask that you please obtain or stream the album legally.
8. Stay tuned for future "Album Nights" and feel free to share suggestions for albums.
9. If you enjoy "Album Night", please share this with your friends so they can join too!
10. Feel free to ask any questions or make suggestions for improvements.